The 2022 MLA Nominating Committee welcomes nominations for:
I. Three Members-at-Large to serve on the Board of Directors for a two-year term, 2023-2025
Board members represent the membership as they carry out the Association’s work. The three incoming Board members will be selected by the President to serve as Assistant Parliamentarian, Assistant Planning and Reports Officer, or Assistant Fiscal Officer. Nominations should reflect the entire range and nature of the work of the Association’s members. Incumbents may not succeed themselves. Candidates for office must be personal members of the Association.
We are especially eager to create a slate of candidates that represents the diverse personal and professional aspects of our membership, and ask that you consider this when proposing nominations. Self-nominations are also welcome. The Nominating Committee will consider all nominations received and narrow to a final slate, which will then be sent to the Board for approval.
II. The MLA Citation
The MLA Citation, the Association’s tribute for lifetime achievement, is awarded in recognition of contributions to the profession over a career. MLA membership need not be a pre-requisite to the receiving of a citation, but the recipient should have contributed to the national affairs of the Association and to the furthering of the Association’s aims, even if not via MLA directly.
Resources for more detailed information:
- For FAQs about nominations, please consult our Committee Handbook at https://www.musiclibraryassoc.org/members/group.aspx?id=119041
- For information about the Board of Directors, see the MLA Administrative Handbook (Section II): https://www.musiclibraryassoc.org/mpage/admin_handbook_IN
- For information about the MLA Citation, see https://www.musiclibraryassoc.org/page/MLACitation.
Please send your recommendations by Friday, June 3, 2022 to one of the Nominating Committee members listed below. Please include:
- The institutional affiliation for each proposed candidate
- A very brief justification for your recommendation
- Whether you have discussed your nomination with the individual and obtained their approval in advance
Thank you for participating in this important process. The continued vitality and growth of MLA is dependent on the outstanding contributions of its members, and your nominations are critical to recruiting the leadership that the Association needs.
MLA Nominating Committee
Jim Cassaro, cassaro at pitt. edu
Morgan Davis, mldavis03 at wm. edu
Bruce J. Evans, bruce_evans at baylor. edu
Nara Newcomer, newcomern at umkc. edu
Ellen Ogihara, egogihara at gmail. com