Please join the MLA board and friends for a town hall series about getting involved in MLA leadership. We both need and value a much more inclusive leadership body and to that end, are hosting a town hall on Wednesday, May 25, 2022, at 3-4 pm Eastern / 2-3 pm Central / 1-2 pm Mountain / 12-1 pm Pacific. This session will focus on demystifying MLA board of directors service (both how to get involved and what’s involved in service).
The session will be led by Bruce Evans (Chair, Nominating Committee) and Ellen Ogihara (recent Student/Early Career Representative to the board). Our primary goals in the session are to:
- Recognize that the process can be opaque and make it more transparent.
- Demystify the nominations process, and get more people involved in our leadership (including you).
- Share expectations of time commitments and workloads for board service.
- Answer your questions about board service.
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in serving or just exploring the idea of running for office
- Anyone interested in nominating a colleague and weren’t sure how.
- Anyone interested in self-nominating and serving
- Anyone interested in how MLA’s governance structure works and in helping us grow into a more inclusive, accessible, and flexible organization.
Please use this registration link (thanks to Member-at-Large Marci Cohen for Zoom hosting):
President, Music Library Association